Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Erase the Dark 2009




Erase the Dark is the Stirring's annual music, art and film festival. Last year we bought every single child at Cypress Elementary School a backpack with the proceeds. This year we're buying them shoes. I don't think some people understand how amazing this is. A pair of shoes for every child. It gets me so excited. Some of these kids have gone YEARS without a new pair of shoes. I can't wait to show up at Cypress with tons of shoe boxes, and see tons of smiles. God has given me such a burning passion for children. For the children overlooked by society. For the children without a voice. The children who are forced into poverty. I continue to hear God's voice developing this passion in me. Erase the Dark is such a tangible way for people to give back to the overlooked children in our community. I'm so excited.

Friday March 6th.
7:00 pm
It's going to be amazing.
Think of all the smiles...

1 comment:

Jenna said...

i love your heart for erasing darkness in children's lives...

and i love your concern for EVERYONE who brings their kids to our sunday gatherings... you know what i'm talking about ;)

emily, you are a gifted leader.

 
Images by Freepik