Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Confession #2


I hate trains. I don't know why, I can't explain this unreasonable fear of trains that I have. Every time I hear a train approaching, I freeze up. I panic a little. My body temperature rises, my hands get clammy, my toes curl. I have this unrealistic fear that I'll be stuck on the train tracks, and as the train gets closer, it can't stop in time. Some of my friends think it's funny to mess with me, and they will stop their car on the rail road tracks... this sends me in freak-out mode. I yell, I hit, I kick, I throw things. Don't mess with me around trains. Ever! There is no explanation for my fear of trains, but its real. I will even go out of my way to avoid the railroad tracks, and if a train is crossing in front of me, I close my eyes, and plug my ears... it's a bit childish, I know, but desperate times call for desperate measures!!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Seriously hu? Even seen the movies Fried Green Tomoatoes"? Not cool stuff!!

Anna said...

That's funny! Don't watch Fried Green Tomatoes! That's bad advice from Rachael! :)

Sorry I was preoccupied at church on Sunday, I usually am a little spacy and overwhelmed by everyone I need to be talking to. Did you still want to do coffee? Let me know what your schd looks like, I usually wk in the mornings M-Th.

nathan said...

when I was young, my brother Jeremy and I were walking on train tracks ... suddenly, a train came up on us ... we freaked out ... there was no where to run ... so, we just laid on the ground a few feet from the tracks so that 'metal sticking out from the side of the train' wouldn't cut our bodies in half ...

An Unlikely Retirement said...

So, I guess you wouldn't want to join Jake, Emme & me at the Railroad Museum in Sacramento on Saturday?

 
Images by Freepik