Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

FINALLY!

So my surgery was a success. I'm so glad to have it behind me. I've been in the hospital for two days, and have had countless visitors. I feel so spoiled, it's unbelievable. My back is feeling great. It's still pretty hard getting into and out of bed, but for the most part I'm back to my old self. Thank you to everybody who's been praying for me. I can totally feel the Lord with me right now. And thanks to everyone who's stopped by to say hello. I really appreciate all of the company and familiar faces. I love you all and can't tell you how blessed I am to have such an amazing community behind me in such a scary time. I hope that the recovery process continues to go smoothly, and that people keep on stopping by! Thanks again!! Love you all.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

Wow, I just read your past few blogs about the surgery. It all happened so fast because I was totally out of the loop - it seems like surgery is usually schedule like months in advance - but not for Emily - she just dives right in! :) Here is a link to the library, it is off Cypress right next to City Hall across from the downtown Safeway. http://www.shastalibraries.org/Redding.html
Let me know if I can bring you meals or reading material to keep you occupied in these next weeks of recovery! And I pray for a speedy and restful recovery!!!

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Wow - you had the surgery Friday and posted this yesterday? That's awesome!!!!

Unfortunately, I came home from camping sick as a dog, so no visit from me until I'm well - but you can be assured I'll be bringing you a care package then!

Until then, you remain in my prayers.

 
Images by Freepik