Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dating Etiquette: Part One


Here's a little tip on dating etiquette: Don't change the time and location of a first date THREE times and then cancel last minute. It's super rude. And kid of makes you look like a jerk. And no, I will not "hit you up" next week to "figure something else out." Thanks, but no thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be busy washing my hair. All week long. Also, inviting me to watch a soccer scrimage with you and your 11-year-old team and their parents is NOT my idea of a proper second date. Nope, sorry, just sounds SUPER awkward and full of weird, uncomfortable moments. I'll pass. Sorry, not sorry.

Call me picky, or say that my standards are too high, I don't care. I've waited a long time to find love, and I refuse to just settle for whatever is thrown my way. I know, I know, I said I would say yes to every date I was asked on, but SERIOUSLY? What is up with these guys? Ask me out on a proper date, even if that means just having coffee together! That's fine with me! Drinks at a local bar? Totally fine! Soccer game with your youth team? NOPE. Not going to happen. I would rather wait for a man who can treat me like the lady I am. One who will pursue me, even if it's only just to figure out if he wants to actually pursue me! I'm not one of the dudes, don't treat me like it. I'm not your sister, don't treat me like that, either. I deserve more, and maybe my expectations are too high, but that's okay with me. I know my worth and value and won't settle for less. And please, don't hear me wrong- I appreciate that maybe these guys are just trying to figure it out. Maybe I should have more grace, but it just gets frustrating because, as a woman, we're not supposed to be too aggressive or pushy. We're supposed to let the man lead, right? At least that's what I WANT. I want a man who can ask me out on a real date! Not some last-minute-pseudo-kind-sorta date. I want him to be direct! It doesn't have to be dinner at a five-star restaurant or some romantic evening that he's spent hours planning. I just appreciate directness. But, at the same time, I apprecaite all of this juicey material to blog about, so I suppose it's a win-win! 

Follow along with my journey! #EmilyDatesBoulder

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik