Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Emily Dates Boulder

(Just a little someecards goodness)

It's been a little less than a week now since I decided to take on my #EmilydatesBoulder challenge. You can check out my last blog for a bit more about this exhilarating challenge. I think I've finally decided on the two dating websites I will be using:
1. Ok Cupid: it's free, easy to navigate and allows you to communicate with your matches. Some of the "free" sites make you pay to do anything but just look at pictures. Lame.
2. Christian Mingle: This one isn't free, but I've weighed my options and decided that paying a bit to have a bigger selection of men who love Jesus is worth it! I've had to do a GREAT deal of sorting through some really sketchy dudes... and the majority of them don't love Jesus at all. And, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

As promised, I've got the good, the bad and the ugly of online dating for you. This time it's allllll about terrible pick up lines.

Emily Dates Boulder: Entry #2 - Awful and hilarious pick up lines

This is just a little note to all the fellas out there who are trying to meet women: Don't use terrible, awful, painfully awkward and just plain BAD pick up lines. Give a woman a genuine compliment. Ask to take her out for coffee. Tell her your name. ANYTHING but a juicy pick up line. Trust me, I speak for (I think) all women when I say we don't like or appreciate tacky one-liners. It makes us laugh at you on the inside and awkwardly smile on the outside. Don't be weird.

These are just a few of my favorites that have been flooding my inbox the past couple of days...

"You MUST have a fever, you're too hot...!"
"I lost my number, can I have yours...?"
And my PERSONAL favorite: "When I saw you, I fainted and hit my head. I need your name and number for insurance reasons..."

These are no joke you guys. And these are just a few of my faves, meaning there are WAY more that I won't make you read. It's so comical, yet kind of frustrating. If I'm being honest, I just want to meet a respectable, kind, genuine man who knows how to treat a woman. So far I'm striking out. However, I refuse to give up. I'm sticking with this, even if it means I only report back with all of the terrible pick up lines I encounter. 

Keep up with my journey on Instagram #emilydatesboulder


No comments:

 
Images by Freepik