Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Accomplished!

So today has been a fantastic one. I got to hang out with some awesome kids (thanks Stirring Moms!!), I vacuumed my house, I washed my dishes, I swept my kitchen, I paid rent, and it's only 1:00 p.m. I'm feeling very accomplished today. I've got to say that by far the best part of the day thus far was hanging out with the kids. There were seven total. Ages ranging from 8 months (I think? I don't know exactly how old the little guy was) to about 4 (again, it's a guess). They were so much fun! I get to do it once a month for a group of moms from the Stirring. I watch the kids while they get a little "mommy" time- they go get some coffee and talk about a book they are reading. It's such a blast for me, and I don't think they even know it. The mom's look at is as though I'm doing them a favor, but in reality, THEY are doing ME a favor!!! Those kids seriously bring so much joy to my day. I get to re-evaluate my busy, hectic life, and realize that time is so precious. I need to enjoy the little moments- like dancing around the living room with 7 kids- it's fantastic!!!
The Lord continues to show me my passion for kids. I think He has huge dreams for me with children, and He continues to lay these dreams on my heart. 
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4
Here's a picture Erika Edwardson (one of the amazing moms in this group) took the last time I got to help them out. I love how much is going on in this picture. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Emily has a blog!..yeah!...I love that you love kids so much..you're good at it..:)

 
Images by Freepik