Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to Blogging

I've been making a MILLION excuses as to why I haven't been blogging.
I'm busy
I'm out of town
I'm tired
There's too much to catch up on
There's too much to SAY
I'm out of town (again)
My computer's dead
And the list goes on.
Well, I decided to jump back on the wagon again, after almost a week of silence. Here it goes:
We (my roomies and the Flecks) went to San Francisco for New Years Eve. In a word, it was INCREDIBLE. I had the best time ever. An amazing city paired with a killer group of people makes for one unforgettable time. I woke up Saturday morning with sore feet (5 hours of dancing in 3 inch heels) and hit the road for Chico to celebrate two of my favorite people in the world. Josh and Chelsea are officially married, and I cried the entire time. There's something so beautiful about a wedding, especially when you know the couple well, and have shared in the crazy adventure with them. Chelsea has been serving with the Stirring Kids for well over 2 years now, and I can't imagine Sundays without her. I'm beyond excited to see what God does in their marriage! After dancing my booty off for the second night in a row, I hit the road AGAIN to head home. It was a rainy and miserable drive, but I made it. My bags had hardly touched the ground, and I was in bed fast asleep. Only to rise BRIGHT and early this morning for church. Sundays really are my favorite day of the week. I get to see and interact with so many wonderful families, and serve with such a passionate team. Not to mention getting to see all of the beautiful children. (Let's face it, the kids are my favorite part!!) I walk around on Sundays praying for all of the kids, and find myself moved to tears with the love and passion God has for these little ones. I can't explain it any other way except that, on Sundays when I see all of the kids coming and learning and growing, I actually feel like my heart is full. Full of love and passion and dreams and joy and happiness and excitement. It's an unreal feeling.

So, with a new year ahead of me, I've got a few resolutions to announce: 1. I want to train for and run another half marathon. After the one I ran in 2010, I never thought I'd say those words. But it is time. I'm ready for another fierce adventure. For more blisters and sore muscles and cold, rainy jogs. Now all I need is a partner to train with me, seeing as MINE is in Jordan...!
2. I want to travel out of the country... or even just across the US. Until recently, traveling was never something that sounded interesting to me. But suddenly, I'm struck with how little of this beautiful world I've seen, and I'm ready to fix that problem! Any suggestions on where I should head first?

2011 is bound to be the best year yet. I can feel it in my 26 year old bones that this year has great things in store for me. Cheers, to a new year!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you started off the new year so wonderfuly!
Just know that as much as you love all those children and families, they love you just as much! Mmm.. As far as traveling you could go some where like Paris or maybe somewhere in Africa! Or you could be daring and close your eyes and pick a place randomly on the map! :)

Xoxoxo. -Rache

Littau family said...

Maybe you can run the San Francisco 1/2 marathon with us in May or June. It is the "plate to plate finish" as you end up on home-plate at the Giants ball-park while taking a nice tour of the city along all the piers. -Mike Littau

Kiera said...

1/2 marathon sounds good...are you interested in a sprint triathlon? let me know and I'll get you the details of the one I'm doing in June!
as for travel, go down under!
~Kiera

Sarah said...

1/2 marathon. perfect resolution! let's see...what about a aug/sept one...then we can train together at least for a bit. I want to do another one so bad!
also.I have an idea about where to go. Come see NY! I'll be there in May, you'll want to see me, you'll want to see NY. I say COME!!!!!!:) It's a perfect start to seeing the world...if you haven't seen NY then you have nothing great to compare the rest of the world to:)

 
Images by Freepik