Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Today is Saturday


I got to spend the day with a room of leaders today learning about leading.
It was simply wonderful.
I loved every minute of it.
Dave Kraft lead the conference. He's a pastor at Mars Hill church in Seattle and the author of this book.
Dan has some great stuff to say about today. Check it out!
As I sat there, learning a TON of valuable and helpful information, I realized a few things...
-First and most importantly, I am led by incredible leaders. They have taught me so much about how to grow. How to lead. How to hear God's voice. I consider myself extremely lucky to be serving side by side with them.
-There's always, ALWAYS more to learn. Just because things are going "smoothly" doesn't mean a thing. Things should be ever-changing. I should NEVER be satisfied with the "status quo." Ever.
-I don't ask enough questions. I feel like one of the best ways to know if you're learning is if you're asking questions. I don't ask NEARLY enough questions.
-I love learning and growing and being challenged and stretched.

It was so great having some of my amazing Stirring Kids team there. I can't wait to pick their brains about what they took away from the conference.
What a great day.
I need to go process some of the info from today... so much stuff!!

One of my FAVORITE questions that Dave asked today was "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

I hope this questions constantly comes back to me.
WHO am I? What's the cry of my heart? What is my life screaming?
And WHAT am I doing here? What am I doing with the passions in my heart? With the dreams I have? With the strengths and gifts God has given me?

SO, who are YOU? And what are YOU doing here??

Today I am thankful for tough questions, and amazing leaders.

Snagged the picture from here. So great!

1 comment:

Shannon Lundberg said...

I can't wait to hear about the conference, wish I could have been there. It sounds like it was really good. lov you girl

 
Images by Freepik