Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who Knew?

A friend of mine made a comment to me the other day that struck me. We were somehow on the topic of creativity and she said, in a really matter-of-fact way "Oh, you're super creative, so this will be no big deal..."
I laughed out loud.
Me? Creative? Negative. I'm not creative. I glue my fingers together when using a hot glue gun. I spill paint everywhere when painting. I'm clumsy and Left Brain dominated.
I am not creative.
When she asked me why I was laughing, I explained my stance on my creativity.
But she quickly disagreed.
"You're creative with your WORDS Emily!"
I would have never recognized that. I would have never connected blogging with creativity. I love blogging. I enjoy it. It's a great outlet for me. I love using words to paint pictures and creative imagery. To help others see what I see the way I see it. To introduce others to a new world, a world of words and pictures and thoughtful (or, sometimes, thoughtLESS) ideas. I might have to admit that I have a love affair with words.
Maybe I am creative after all. Who knew?!

1 comment:

stuckinmypedals said...

I'm right there with you, Emily! Give me super glue and craft paint and there is sure to be a disaster, but give me a pencil and paper and I'm all over it. So go on with your creative self!

 
Images by Freepik