Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baggage


Yep.
We've all got it.
Baggage.
It's there in all of our lives.
For some it comes in the for of
divorce or
sexual assault or
addiction or
rejection or
abandonment or
family or
abuse...
The list could go on and on. Every one of us, in our own way, has some form of baggage.
Trust me, I have my fair share.

Here's the wonderful, beautiful, AMAZING part though: We are not alone.
We are not alone with it! We are not alone in the feeling of despair we may have, or the overwhelming insecurities that plague us. The great thing about everybody having baggage is that we can understand, to an extent, what others are going through.
My story might not relate EXACTLY to yours, but chances are, I can relate with the pain, with the hurt, with the sadness, with the frustration, with the loneliness, with the wounds.
And I can also remind you of the JOY that waits for you on the other side.
You see, baggage doesn't have to be a bad thing.
It shapes us.
It makes us who we are.
It gives us the stories we have.
Without my baggage, I wouldn't have the triumphant, resilient, glorious story I do.
Sure it's hard, and messy, and it evokes some emotion.
But I'm okay with that.
My baggage, and God's perfect grace, are to thank for who I am and where I'm at today.

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik